Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Proper Golf Attire

Nothing else in this world brings me as much pain as seeing someone show up to the golf course in cargo shorts. Actually, I lied, seeing someone in an American Eagle collared shirt is equally painful, however I refuse to believe people still where those. Stick with me and you will find out what to wear to the golf course so you will not be stuck looking unqualified for the task at hand.

Shorts/Pants-

I'll tell you what, shorts and pants are the most important aspect to the proper golf attire because there is only one type that you can wear. The only option for golf pants are the cotton material, with only two pockets on the side and two pockets in the back. No other pockets are necessary. Extra pockets on the side= cargo pants and this is no good. It looks cheap, golf is an expensive game, you cannot look cheap.

The type of cotton pants/shorts have been popularized by Polo Ralph Lauren and my favorite are the Andrew Chino. These are not pleated and come in many sizes and colors. I have 6 pairs of pants; gray, blue, khaki, red, yellow and green. A little variety helps.

The best shorts are made by Polo as well and they are called chinos. I have them in gray, red, green, orange, khaki, blue, yellow, and black. It is very important to have many different colors so that you can switch it up.

Shirts-

The next step for a crucial golf outfit is the shirt. My favorite shirts are actually the Nike Dry-fit because it can get hot as shit out there on the course and these shirts are the best for that. They are very light and come in many different colors. When the weather is not as hot, I like to wear a polo shirt, made by either ralph lauren, Vineyard Vines or Brooks Brothers. These are the only shirts I will wear to golf in. Notice how I did not say American Eagle or Abercrombie. Please never wear these to a golf course!

Belt-

Always wear a belt because a well dressed golfer ALWAYS tucks his shirt in

Shoes-

The best shoes to golf in are the new footjoy Icons. They are the top of the line golf shoes.

Hat-

Always wear a hat. I prefer the Titleist Mesh hats

If you follow these guidelines you will be able to roll up to any course in American and fit in.

12 comments:

  1. I didn't know there were such outlined guides for golf course dressware.

    ReplyDelete
  2. =D Wow great tips, especially on the pants!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know what Chuck Norris wears when he is golfing?

    Whatever the hell he wants, he's Chuck Norris!

    Great informative insight into golf attire. I feel enlightened! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. very cool info, thanks

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice post. I'm going clothes shopping right away.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those Irish flat caps are best. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shirt inside the belt? I think I will never like golf^^

    ReplyDelete
  8. i must admit i have gone to the golf course in short not cargo though >.< but thanks for this i will be a little more prepare when i go and hit the club! thanks

    ReplyDelete
  9. check out express for collared shirts, they are solid in color and similar in material to the nike shirts. also they only run $40 and look classy when tucked in with slacks.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I didn't know you needed specific clothing to play gold. Wow

    ReplyDelete
  11. Blue chinos, a flexible polo, and a newsboy cap are my usual fare. And yes, with a belt. I am a grownup, after all...

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm trying to find an opinion on golf.
    .
    .
    .
    .
    nope. don't have one.

    nice layout though. ;)

    ReplyDelete